I have always been someone who has loved and admired the vivid world of stories, poetry, dance, music to the core. When I look back to the childhood days of mine I remember obsessing over the world of fantasies through storybooks my mom frequently brought us. I loved reading; it took me into a magical world of Simba, Alice, Neverland, the pirates and Aladdin. My favorite was “The Arabian nights” collection. Books had a certain power in them that made a curious enthusiast child in me blend so well within the fantasy world of the characters. As an avid reader, I wrote…I wrote a lot of poems and stories in my spare times…every time I wrote anything, I would show it to my grandfather who always encouraged me to write better. He himself being a wonderful poet with hundreds of poems in his own poetry collection often said that it could be the genes effect from my forefathers who were into playwrights and stuffs for me to develop such interest. How cool is that? I was also very much into dancing…and my family would nag a lot about for me to stop dancing everywhere in the house…hilarious memories! My parents, especially my father being great singers; I too nurtured a singer inside me to pull off the “gene effect”. I also had/have this unusual capability of memorizing movie dialogues by heart and loved performing scenes aloud. We were never allowed to play outdoors I guess that’s why I turned out to be more creative than being adventurous. Oh well.
I grew up as an art lover, one who finds herself truly obliged to be a part of such a magnificent world full of art. I discovered about myself that music, writing, movies, dance, and reading…these things complete my identity. They are more like falling in love, with the same feels and thrills…except for the good deal of fact that they have no heartbreaks to retain (unless your favorite character dies in a fiction or Game of thrones). I still get the feel of euphoria from the very first moment of reading a book that was some Peter rabbit book by Beatrix Potter…the first time of stepping onto a stage…or the time I saw Elvis Presley shake a leg in “Jailhouse rock” and almost fell in love with him twice…and the first time I watched the movie Casablanca only to get hooked with classics... I sometimes wish I were in the old times; those renaissance periods, of course. And I know that in my past life I must have belonged to that romantic era of fine artistry. The zeal inside me reveals so much. I will forever be envious of Shakespeare’s brilliance and Jane Austen’s way of presenting romance. I will forever lose myself in the music of jazz and sing together with the rock gods. I am a captive of this artistic world realizing never to be set free but, more than happy to be a part of because they define my inner soul and I feel I was born to be this. I know that I would not be content being a happy wife to a well off man, spending rest of her life in the boundaries of her kitchen and home, making her man, taking care of business. I mean, I respect all of that but its not who I am. I would rather want to travel until my heart aches for home again, with someone I love…or if not…without him. To the roads unknown…to get lost in a faraway world…speaking different accents…humming different tunes…dancing to new beats…tasting different hands…I know I have a hipster heart but home would definitely be the last station I would want to reach…waking up everyday to the tune of a piano…ending the nights with the music of a beautiful melody. That's what a good life looks like to me.
From few personal surveys on myself, I have realized a strange co incidence that I have only been attracted to people who are artistic in nature. Even if it’s a little, I have liked those and connected to those who are into artistic pursuits... Musicians, movie geeks, artists et cetera et cetera. And I find a bond within them, a closeness already and a sense of attachment. It is easier to be in their company…similar vibes makes it agreeable. So if in future if I ever have a heart for anyone as such, I wouldn’t be surprised. I believe world is merely an art. We are the products of such fantastic art of the gods or the universe. Life without music, literature would not be worth living. These make a difference in the everyday chaotic lives of us, people, and will continue making for the rest of our lives. They say artists do not have much in their pockets. Yes…kind of true! But an artistic soul has more than everything that other people fail to receive from the world because they see beauty in everything; they make a great deal out of the pettiest things in life. They know how to live life really and are these splendid creatures in the world full of hypocrisy and materialism. I hope an artist is born everyday and she gives this world a renewed perspective to live with.
Be it the ‘genes effect’ or ‘past life effect’ as I like to call it but I am thankful to god for wiring me this way and also to those who have created inspirations and muses throughout the time for us to aspire for everyday. With such richness they survive…they make the world around them seem so surreal and illusionary that we start questioning everything. I hope someday, I could be a part of this brilliance of human mind in the world where slowly the real beauty is being forgotten with the evolvement of time. I feel I am partly involved already with my passionate love for writing, music, dance and everything. Still it feels I have many more blank spaces to fill. And I hope I find ways of filling them up as I grow old. Oh, I am sorry artsy people never grow old…they remain young forever…young in their hearts.
"We were never allowed to play outdoors I guess that’s why I turned out to be more creative than being adventurous."
ReplyDelete👆👍
:)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete